Posted July 21, 2013
Established by the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Anesthesia Quality Institute (AQI) represents the next step in the specialty’s quality improvement mission. The Anesthesia Quality Institute’s mission is to develop and maintain an ongoing registry of anesthesia cases and outcomes to help anesthesiologists assess and improve patient care.
The AQI Application Developer will perform maintenance / enhancements / development of the National Anesthesia Clinical Outcomes Registry (NACOR), the National Pain Registry (NPR), and the Anesthesia Incident Reporting System (AIRS).
· Major Activity: Facilitate entry of case-specific anesthesia data from participating practices into NACOR and NPR.
· Major Activity: Design automated routines for verifying and auditing case data coming into NACOR and NPR
· Major Activity: Maintain and update web-entry portal for AIRS, including management of the underlying database.
· Major Activity: Assist the Executive Director and System Architect with new information technology projects associated with the AQI mission.
· Major Activity: Assist with information technology projects associated with recruiting and retaining anesthesia practice participants.
· Minor Activity: Other duties may be assigned.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar required.
· At least 1 year experience in database IT.
· Must have a basic working knowledge of C# or VB.net and some basic understanding of development with .Net Framework.
· Basic understanding and working knowledge of SQL. Writing queries, etc.
· Knowledge of MS/SQL, PL/SQL, Microsoft Excel and Access (including capability to create pivot tables, charts and write VB scripts), PowerPoint and business statistics.
· Strong knowledge of OLAP, data warehouse database design, data mining techniques, data definitions, system capabilities, related programming languages and statistical programs, and data integrity issues.
· Familiarity with services based development and technologies is a plus (e.g. XML, XSD).
· Experience in writing native database queries.
· Services environment is a plus (e.g., HIPAA).