Posted February 22, 2013
Python Software Developer
Lakeshore Interactive is currently seeking a Python Developer to join a creative, high-energy and fast paced development team. The team is growing but has managed to cling to its small, startup roots. We solve scalability problems, deal with large data sets and adopt best-of-breed technologies quickly. We value quality, reliable code and are open to new ideas and architectures. Communication and collaboration are essential.
• Perform all phases of a given project (e.g. requirements, design, develop, document and support)
• Write scalable and efficient pythonic code for our production systems
• Apply the principles and techniques of object oriented programming and agile methodologies
• Design software solutions to solve business problems
• Work collaboratively with a highly talented development team
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science, Web/Software Development, Software Engineering or Information Systems/Technology
• Proficiency in web service creation and consumption
• Proficiency in object oriented programming, particularly in the context of dynamic languages
• Familiarity with the Zend framework
• Experience with jQuery, AJAX, CSS and HTML
• 2-5 years experience using Python as a programming language
• Interest in unit and functional testing
• Willingness to work on legacy code
• Willingness to explore problem spaces, learn new technologies, and collaborate closely with colleagues
Lakeshore Interactive LLC is a web consulting company owned by CouponCabin Holdings LLC. We provide comprehensive consulting services, ranging from web development and marketing to HR and accounting for our clients, which include: CouponCabin.com, CouponMap.com, GoGrocery.com and Save.co.uk. Each website has seen tremendous growth over the past few years, ranking towards the top on the most visited Internet sites in the US, and all will continue to grow in the years to come.
The Lakeshore Interactive team is comprised of energetic, innovative self-starters who are rock stars in their respective fields. The work environment is casual but focused. The River North office has flat screen TVs, a Pac Man arcade game, original seats from Comiskey Park and Wrigley Field, and trim and accent walls made of reclaimed wood from the Chicago Fire.
The benefits package is extensive including premium medical, dental & vision plan with 97% employer paid premiums; employer paid $100,000 life insurance; employer paid short and long term disability; 401K w/ generous employer match, paid vacation time; paid day off for employee birthdays and work anniversaries; profit sharing incentive program paid twice yearly; access to company box at various sporting events; participation in our charitable giving program; company social outings throughout the year and much more.
Interested candidates should email their resume to HR@lakeshoreint.com.