Posted February 12, 2013
Selective Group Seeking Top Technologists - Trading Tech - (Any Language) Markets Core Technology Developer - NY - at least 2 years of professional programming experience generally preferred.
Headline: Very hands-on, technology-focused developer, who enjoys working through hard technical problems.
• A cohesive team of highly technical & competent developers and engineers who passionately care about the software production process.
• The team has global, cross-business delivery and support responsibility, and emphasizes technical excellence and business aligned focus across the front-office of the Investment Bank.
• A flat organizational structure where content matters over someone’s title.
Delivering on long-term projects, as well as being responsive to short turnaround requests from the business.
The 2013 goals for the group are:
- Improve the IB development environment to attract and retain top developers
- Introduce technologies to simplify and provide guarantees for the software production process
Examples of the work underway and planned:
- Ultra scalable global local disk deployment solution to deliver applications + configuration to all servers + desktops
- Application configuration template based generation mechanism to manage the instantiation of diverse server based applications
Essential & Desirable Skills
• We’re looking for smart developers with strong computer science fundamentals and a track record of delivery, whether in previous professional roles, college or personal projects (for instance open source software contributions).
• Require very strong development skills across platforms and languages. We have a high bar, we’re looking for the real code hackers and critical thinkers.
• The team works mostly in Python and C++, so experience in either of these is a plus, but not essential.
• Prefer excellent top-tier engineering/CS/math schools.
The compensation range for this role is open. Meaning it will be based on the candidate’s salary history and where that person fits within the organization. They are considering both Junior and Senior level candidates for this position.
If you are not looking at this time, feel free to connect with me via Linkedin. I look forward to hearing from you.
60 East 42nd St., New York, NY 10165
Office: (212) 599-0005 | Fax: (212) 697-7374